Haven Universe (HU) is a non-profit (501c3) corporation solely operating on donations. The mission of Haven Universe is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ in a loving, accepting, joy-filled community serving those with special needs and disabilities including families, caregivers and friends. All are welcome!
We have monthly “Saturday Night Alive” events in a central location in Montgomery County. We meet in a local gym-type facility to participate collectively in a variety of adapted, engaging “sports” and lively games, simple arts and crafts, and a pizza snack. A simple Bible lesson with contemporary Christian music and prayer is offered as an OPTION but not required so that people of all faiths (or no faith) will feel comfortable attending. It is a rare opportunity for the whole family to engage together with other families, caregivers and friends in an accepting, fun, high-energy, encouraging and supportive atmosphere. Our desire is to be an inspiring community of hope to all.
The name Haven Universe embodies acceptance:
- Haven: God’s refuge, a safe place, a respite from the world; “They were glad when it grew calm, and He guided them to their desired Haven.” (Psalm 107:30)
- Universe: “Unity in diversity”; God brings us together in love to support, serve and learn from each other using our differences. The doors of Haven Universe are open to everyone including people of all ages, disabilities, faith backgrounds (or no faith), their families, friends, and caregivers. ALL are welcome.
“It’s all about the relationships.”
Seven reasons from the Bible for living life in community:
- ...to satisfy the inner longing for companionship
- ...to provide a practice ground for loving others (even our enemies) as God loves us, unconditionally
- ...to gain encouragement and strength from others; “If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” (Eccl 4:10)
- ...to enable us to learn (become wiser) from each other
- ...for accountability; If you walk through life with a friend, one of you is likely to recognize when you veer off the path and need new direction.
- ...for comfort in tough times; “Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?” (Eccl 4:11)
- ...for maximum durability in life; “...A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” (Eccl 4:12)
Come join us and be part of the Haven Universe Community.
Jesus accepts us just as we are, so we accept and love people where they are despite our differences.
God’s way is one of “radical inclusivity”. He accepts everyone and so do we.
- “Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” (Heb 11:1)
- True hope involves faith.
- God is: real…alive…personal… accessible…caring.
- “…God is love.” (1 John 4:16)
- Our ultimate hope is beyond our circumstances and is in God.
- God wants a close personal friendship with each of us.
- All people, no matter what their physical or intellectual capacity, are capable of an intimate friendship with God.
- “...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)
- At Haven Universe, we encourage and support one another reminding each of the hope that we have in God.